Submit Grant Request
HYP actively accepts Grant Request Applications for funding from our HYP Endowment Fund. The HYP Endowment Fund is a fund at the Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area. Since 2009, the HYP Fund has granted over $30,000 to local nonprofits that provide and encourage leadership development
2018 Grant Applications will be accepted through midnight on December 1, 2018.
Please fill out the online application below and email a copy of your non-profit status or tax id number and your electronic signature to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 501c3 nonprofit organizations are eligible for funding.
HYP Grant awards are made once annually, averaging around $5,000, with individual funding amounts ranging from $500 - $2,500.
The Board of Directors will make the final decision on the selection grant recipients. The philanthropy committee is comprised of HYP members who are working in the Holland/Zeeland area. The scoring will focus on the following components:
- HYP will select grant recipients whose proposal represents alignment with the mission of HYP, our members, programming, diversity, inclusion, and community.
- Preference will be given to applications proposing programs that naturally align with HYP’s demographics and that actively engage the emerging young professional community.
- Preference will be given to proposed programs that can describe the impact of their program and geographic reach.
- Grant recipient must be approved by Philanthropy Committee and HYP Board of Directors.
- Grant recipient must be a registered 501(c)3 organization.
- Grant recipient must serve the Holland/Zeeland area.
- Grant recipient must comply with guidelines.
- Grant recipient must turn in report by April 1 of the following year or within 3 months of program completion.
- The number of grant recipients will vary year to year based on available grant funds.
- The amount each grant recipient will vary year to year based on available grant funds.
Applications received before midnight on December 1st, 2018 will be reviewed in detail by the HYP Board of Directors and the winners of the 2018 grants will be decided by majority vote. There are often 3–4 grant recipients annually. See Recent Grants
Contact: Yah-Hanna Jenkins Leys, Philanthropy Committee Chair